A friend to remember :)

Her memories,
still freshly laid,
slowly untied.

Walking Reverse,
She was always
a friend of reach,
who treasured with
love and care,
Spilled unsaid secrets between,
Toyed ourselves to fun-ride,
She tricked me to bunk classes,
gone to laughing-heights,
lighted pranks where we go.
Became careless feathers.

Then third person gave
unwelcome entry,
egoism struck.
we parted into two.

That ever loved trustee,
went away long ago.
But left a lesson
to trust only within.

This poem linked to OLN @ dVerse Poet.


Comments

  1. it is sad when we lose a friend...but hey... don't give up hope... think we need to re-learn trust when we've been disappointed.. it is worth it though....
    love the illustration...
    smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya... Thanks...! Your words made me to built my hope back :)

      Delete
  2. This evokes memories of friendships of my sister.. Almost like a love relation that third person entering...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm very sad when misunderstandings spoil a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is hard....i had some prety tough trust issues because of a very similar story...a third party coming in and wrecking things....if we never trust though, but a sad and fear filled life we live....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always seems to end up that way...not sure why. I don't think I ever had one of those friendships as a kid. Not that I didn't have friends, I had plenty, but it was never on that level where they become an extension of your own mind. This was wonderful, I am so glad you came out to play and shared it . Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a difficult thing to lose a friend, especially by an intrusion of another. Lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! Make your wise words visible to the world. :P

Popular posts from this blog

When I am

Forgiveness